Director of Evangelization
Midtown Catholic is a family of parishes in the center of Omaha, Nebraska. Starting in 2020, St. Thomas More and St. Joan of Arc parish came together and share a pastor, parish office, and staff. We are looking for an energetic Director of Evangelization who will help the pastor create and implement a Clear Pathway for discipleship for our parishioners and anyone who is interested in joining the Church. The Director of Evangelization will report directly to the pastor and give support to our coordinator for religious education and Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, as well as a number of small groups and ministries.
- Developing and supporting evangelization initiatives in both parishes
- Building a Clear Path of Discipleship and create and support teams leading each step of the path
- Building relationships with school leaders and teachers to find ways to help them grow spiritually
- Work with school leaders to find ways to help parents grow spiritually
- Directly support coordinators of Religious Education, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, junior high and high school ministries
- Recruit, train, and support small group leaders
- Attend Senior Leadership Team meetings and collaborate with SLT members to execute team decisions. Identify and develop leaders who can help lead evangelization efforts.
- Reports directly to the pastor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Enthusiastic worker with an openness and desire to learn new skills
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
- People person who does not mind meeting and speaking with new people
- Ability to work either with a team or independently with little direct supervision
- Previous work in Evangelization preferred
- Experience leading small groups and classes
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Philosophy, Evangelization, or related field preferred.
Must be Safe Environment certified and background check completed or complete within first month of employment.
Send resume and cover letter to Eric Keisling, Director of Finance and Operations, at email@example.com