STEP ONE – MAKE CONTACT
To have your child baptized at St. Joan of Arc or St. Thomas More, contact the Midtown Catholic Parish Office by phone at 402-556-1456 or email at email@example.com. Someone from the parish will contact you to arrange a time to meet and fill out the baptism registration form.
STEP TWO – MAKE CONNECTION
Someone from the parish will arrange a time to meet and fill out the baptism registration form, prep you for the coursework, and register for the class.
STEP THREE – LEARN REQUIREMENTS
Baptism Course on Formed
- Register for FORMED.org
- Enter your parish zip code or name to select your parish
- Enter your email and name
- Complete assigned video series
- Have completed the 16th year
- Be a Catholic who has been confirmed and has already received the Sacrament of the Eucharist
- Lead a life in harmony with the faith and the role to be undertaken
- Not be bound by any canonical penalty legitimately imposed or declared (i.e.: divorced and remarried and no annulment received)
- Not be the Father or Mother of the one to be baptized
**A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic ecclesial community can be a witness, but not a Godparent**
Baptism Class Requirement
- First child – Required
- More than two years since previous class – Required
Skip to Step Four if…
- It’s been less than two years since a previous class was taken
- Family has three or more children
STEP FOUR – REGISTER FOR BAPTISM CLASS
Only register for the class after filling out the Baptism Registration Form with someone from the parish.
- Classes are typically once a month.
- Contact TJ Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your class.
- Classes last no longer than 90 minutes
STEP FIVE – SCHEDULE BAPTISM
If a Baptism Class was required, then the Baptism will be scheduled at the end of the class, otherwise they’re scheduled when the Baptism Form is filled out.
Baptisms can be scheduled to take place after any weekend Mass (Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings)
Whoever the priest was for the Mass will perform the Baptism – unless:
- There is a preference for a deacon
- There is a scheduling conflict for the priest