Director of Finance and Operations
Department: Finance and Operations
Reports to: The Pastor
As part of the Pastor’s Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Finance and Operations handles the operational and administrative aspects of St. Joan of Arc and St. Thomas More parishes to align with the parishes’ overall mission and vision. He/she is responsible for the finance, administration, human resources, and overall operations of both parishes. The position exists so that the Pastor may focus on the overall leadership of the two parishes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
– Attends Senior Leadership Team (SLT) meetings and collaborates with SLT members to execute the parish vision.
– Carries and communicates parish vision to key constituents and groups within the parishes and schools.
– Is an ex officio member of the parish Finance Councils and committees.
– Provides leadership and support to the financial, maintenance, and clerical personnel.
– Develops and maintains accurate and timely financial/demographic information.
– Establishes and oversee parishes’ internal controls and financial due diligence.
– Budgets and facilitates plans for short-term/long-term financial requirements of the parishes.
– Has oversight of employee payroll, benefits, and training.
– Develops and maintains employee policies.
– Oversees maintenance/building improvement projects with maintenance team and committees to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
– Active, practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church, with a demonstrated commitment to prayer and continued formation.
– Sound understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
– Comprehensive knowledge of payroll/related tax issues and accounts payable.
– Ability to adapt and apply knowledge and skills to a variety of parish situations that may occur.
– Demonstrated organizational skills, capable of overseeing multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizing activity.
– Strong communication skills and effective use of Microsoft Office suite.
– Ability to work and lead from within a team.
– Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
– Availability on evenings, weekends, and occasional extended periods as needed.
Education and Experience
– Minimally, 3-5 years of progressive and relevant accounting/financial/business experience and applicable college course work/degree.
Send a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for the position, a current resume, and 2 or 3 references including names and contact information to Father Jeff Lorig at email@example.com or to 4804 Grover Street, Omaha, NE 68016.